Automation Engineer/Scientist - NGS
You are a highly motivated engineer/scientist skilled in validating, implementing and supporting Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) equipment and liquid handling instruments for commercial laboratories. You will conceive, develop, and validate automation solutions for leading edge NGS workflows and will continue to scale novel technology platforms to contribute to the care of cancer patients.
You will have requisite knowledge to navigate the complexity of automation design and validation and the technical skills to ensure high data quality. You will write validation protocols, and contribute to improving automation practices and procedures. You will contribute to projects both by being integral team member and by taking a leadership role in providing automation expertise from project conception to its completion.
- Design experiments, isolate nucleic acids from human samples, generate sequencing libraries, perform next generation sequencing and analyze output data for development and optimization of automated workflows.
- Expand, refine, and support automated methodologies and equipment in a leading edge molecular diagnostic laboratory.
- Provide service support for NGS equipment and liquid handling instruments, including troubleshooting, routine maintenance and calibration.
- Provide training to existing users for new methods as well as new user training.
- Work with cancer biologists, technologists, bioinformaticians and data scientists in a collaborative and project-oriented manner.
- Model our core values: visionary; pioneering; truth seeking; driven; honest and considerate communication; embraces diversity. You are experienced as someone who exemplifies our culture and you operate with transparency and integrity.
- M.S. or Ph.D. molecular biology, life science, engineering, or related field. Direct experience in the field of epigenomics or cancer biology is preferred with 5+ years of experience working with NGS, liquid handling, and other automated instrumentation and 3+ years of experience purifying nucleic acids and preparing libraries for NGS using automated platforms.
- Experience with process development in a regulated laboratory environment and performing verification and validation studies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NGS-relevant scientific principles and design of experiments.
- Experience with NGS operation IT infrastructure is a plus.
Join our cutting-edge epigenetics diagnostics company!
Come and join our driven, talented and growing company! We are a thoughtful and insightful team of scientists and technologists and our seasoned leadership team has a breadth of experience across industry, teaching and research. Our employees are passionate about genomic diagnostics and improving healthcare.
We provide generous benefits to all employees, including stock options and a fully-stocked kitchen! We value your physical presence in our office in building our cohesive team.
As an exciting life science startup, we are reinventing non-invasive molecular diagnostic testing using next generation epigenomic technologies. We are passionate and dedicated to discovering and developing applications that will make a significant difference in cancer and other epigenomic-driven diseases. Our technologies provide novel insight and quantitation of human health and disease, with our focus on precision medicine applications improving both clinical and health system outcomes. We are building a world-class company, based in San Diego and San Francisco.
We look for extraordinary lifelong learners with a passion and growth mindset for these areas, and for combining biological ingenuity with AI and data analysis. Led by a team with decades of experience bringing products from concept to market, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Come join us in addressing large healthcare needs through precision epigenomic medicine