Scientist, Immunology - Genomics / Epigenetics
You are familiar with leading edge genomics technology platforms - inclusive of next generation sequencing - and have proven experience in the design, management and execution of projects focused on novel cancer biology with an expertise in immunology. You have the necessary technical skills to ensure high data quality and the requisite scientific background and knowledge to navigate the complexity of experimental design and interpretation.
- Build a continually expanding knowledge base in cancer biology and genomics.
- Work with cancer biologists, technologists, bioinformaticians and data scientists in a collaborative and project-oriented manner.
- Contribute to the development of experimental and computational research programs addressing fundamental questions using our state-of-the-art platform technology in diagnostic and therapeutic areas of cancer biology.
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams and ensure that members contribute to their highest potential.
- Apply biological insights and knowledge of cancer biology to scientific and product decisions.
- Ability to manage cross-functional projects and timelines
- M.D./Ph.D. or Ph.D. in Genetics, Epigenetics, Genomics, Immunology and Cancer Biology, or related field with a minimum of 3 years' relevant postdoctoral experience in academia or industry.
- Experience in the field of oncology and its underlying biology, genomics, epigenomics and immunology, as demonstrated by publications, involving impactful tools or data sets as well as presentations at international conferences.
- Understanding existing large data sets and of modern tools in cancer genomics for processing and analysis of primary data.
- Experience with experimental design in population based clinical studies.
- An understanding of experimental limitations of next generation sequencing experiments as applied broadly in cancer.
- Demonstrated ability to apply these skills to uncover new biological insights.
Join our cutting-edge epigenetics diagnostics company!
Come and join our driven, talented and growing company! We are a thoughtful and insightful team of scientists and technologists and our seasoned leadership team has a breadth of experience across industry, teaching and research. Our employees are passionate about genomic diagnostics and improving healthcare.
We provide generous benefits to all employees, including stock options and a fully-stocked kitchen! We value your physical presence in our office in building our cohesive team.
As an exciting life science startup, we are reinventing non-invasive molecular diagnostic testing using next generation epigenomic technologies. We are passionate and dedicated to discovering and developing applications that will make a significant difference in cancer and other epigenomic-driven diseases. Our technologies provide novel insight and quantitation of human health and disease, with our focus on precision medicine applications improving both clinical and health system outcomes. We are building a world-class company, based in San Diego and San Francisco.
We look for extraordinary lifelong learners with a passion and growth mindset for these areas, and for combining biological ingenuity with AI and data analysis. Led by a team with decades of experience bringing products from concept to market, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Come join us in addressing large healthcare needs through precision epigenomic medicine